Refurbishment of the SS Nomadic now sitting in Hamilton Dock in Belfast’s Titanic Quarter – the last remaining White Star Line ship fully restored to her original 1911 glory. Works included complete new building services including interpretation and interactive displays. The dock side and Pump House was also restored. A number of existing porcelain ceiling roses existed on board and following extensive research, we arranged for samples of new wooden pattresses and replica ceiling roses to be reproduced to ensure sufficient quantities of luminaires were available for re–instatement. All original luminaires were installed in the 1st Class areas with replicas installed throughout remaining areas. New lighting along the Hamilton dock was selected to provide continuity of the lighting installed on the approach from the Odyssey Arena. A scaled version of the luminaires provide an honour guard for the ship. Challenges included a stud welding method since we were unable to drill into the ships hull and decks. To ensure contractors tendering for the project fully understood the complexity and working methods required, we undertook a project familiarisation and awareness meeting that proved very successful in terms of pricing, value for money and results.